In this episode Dr. Robb interviews Ps. Mary Jo Pierce who has served with Gateway Church for many years. She has long been the leader of the Prayer Department at Gateway. In recent months, she has handed that responsibility over to Ps. Niles Holsinger. Now she focuses on prayer, writing, and ministry to the Lord. Ps. Mary has recently written a book entitled “Adventures in Prayer: A 40-Day Journey.” In this conversation, Dr. Robb and Ps. Mary Jo discuss what deep prayer looks like.
QUESTIONS IN THIS EPISODE
- What is Purim?
- How is it celebrated and what day is it on?
- How does it feel to be a foundation Pastor for Gateway?
- When did you come on staff?
- What transitions are you in with Gateway now?
- Was there a sense of loss in this transition?
- What do I do if I sense a loss through transition and how do I overcome that?
- What if the heart has trouble letting go?
- How/What do you pray to get through it?
- What does spiritual address mean?
- What is the name of the book you recently wrote and released?
- What is a prayer chair and what makes it so special to you?
- What do you do in your listening chair?
- What else is in your prayer room?
- Why did you choose an hour glass over a timer or stop watch?
- What else do you have in your prayer room?
- In your opinion, if I wanted to build my own prayer room, what are some principles I need to follow to build it?
- What are your three nonnegotiable’s for your prayer life?
- What do I do if I am struggling with keeping up with a Prayer Journal?
- What is the Yadvashem?
- Is Journaling considered as your alter of remembering?
- Is Journaling less about you, but what God says to you through prayer?
- What is the name of your book?
- After many years, having finished your book, where are you in your thoughts now?
- What lessons did you learn that you might find useful if I am in that season?
- How can I prepare myself?
SCRIPTURES OF FOCUS
- Exodus 33:7
- John 14-17
“HOW TO PRAY (Part 1)” SHOW INFO
Have you subscribed to Mentoring Deep? Your subscription will give immediate notification for each episode we release.
For more information on apps that will make listening to Mentoring Deep an enjoyable and portable experience, visit our Show Info page.