In this episode, Dr. Robb interviews Pastor Allan Kelsey, one of the Campus Pastors for the Southlake Campus. Pastor Allan serves on the Senior Team which provides direction for the whole staff and all of Gateway’s Campuses. Among other topics, Pastor Allan and Dr. Robb explore some the challenges in leading a large staff and how to successfully navigate large organizations.
Questions on this Episode
- What does it mean to be a Campus Pastor at the Southlake campus?
- How does our staff to member ratio compare to other churches?
- How many people do you oversee?
- Where are you from originally?
- How did you make your way from South Africa to America?
- How often do participate in swimming as a discipline?
- Why have you chosen to continue swimming at a high level and what can I learn from your reasons?
- If I’m lacking discipline in my life, how can I grow it?
- If I know I need to do something, but I don’t yet want to do it, is there something I can do to want it?
- How did your heart handle the move from South Africa to America?
- To what extent do you feel regret about your move?
- What changes would you make if you did all over again?
- What questions should I ask when I need to count the cost of a decision?
- How can you replace the loss when you move away from something?
- How do you lead so many people effectively?
- How has a deep organizational structure been a hindrance or help in your leadership?
- Why is a deep organization better for us, and why have we chosen that approach?
- How do you influence people further away in the organization?
- How can people further down in the organization influence you?
- Why is “leading by walking around” not as effective in our environment?
- If I want to move up in my organization, what’s one thing I should start doing?
- Why do we tend to complain rather than offer solutions?
- What could I do to make solutions more obvious to me?
- When you are meeting with the Lord in the water, what are you doing?
- How do you stay focused on God when the physical pain of your exercise emerges?
- How do you know the difference between God’s voice and your voice?
- Did you learn to “smell” God or has that ability always been in you?
- How can I explore using my senses to experience God?
- What final thought would you like to leave with us?
You can subscribe to Mentoring Deep and receive immediate notification for each episode we release.
For more information on apps that will make listening to Mentoring Deep a more enjoyable and portable experience, visit our Show Info page.