In this episode, Dr. Robb interviews Pastor Marsia Van Wormer, one of those who lead Gateway Pink. They discuss some of the challenges involved in leading a large ministry like PINK, how to balance work and family in the midst of busy seasons and how she hears the Lord through exercise.
Unfortunately, only a few hours after recording this episode, Ps. Marsia broke her foot, and will likely need surgery to repair the injury. This will, no doubt, greatly impact what she talks about in the last third of the interview. So as you listen, pray that Ps. Marsia would be restored to complete health with great speed!
Questions in this episode:
- Can you tell us what you do at Gateway Church?
- How do administrative tasks impact you?
- How do you balance the need for administration with your need fellowship?
- What do your pep talks sound like to you?
- What enables you to transform complaints in your head into pep talks?
- What can I do to stop the dark conversations in my head?
- What do you struggle most in your leadership at Gateway?
- How have you been able to manage your time crunch?
- What does competition look like for you?
- What was your path to become a pastor in Gateway Women?
- How do you resolve the idea that some might consider their path unfair?
- How does your salvation story give you a unique set of lenses for helping women?
- How does getting saved in your late 20’s impact the way you pastor?
- How can I get your salvation lenses if I have a different set of experiences?
- How do you balance work and life?
- How do you relax?
- How can you run and stay focused on your friend in the midst of the physical pain?
- What does God’s voice sound like to you?
- If I am a person who is struggling to hear God’s voice, what recommendations can you offer?
- How do you deal with guilt?
- What is the most special thing you’ve heard from the Lord in the last six months?
You can subscribe to Mentoring Deep and receive immediate notification for each episode we release.
For more information on apps that will make listening to Mentoring Deep a more enjoyable and portable experience, visit our Show Info page.