This week, Dr. Robb interviews Ps. Niles Holsinger who oversees the Prayer Department at Gateway Church. This episode talks in detail about transition. Ps. Niles was a part of Shady Grove Church when it transitioned senior pastors. Then he was a part of Shady Grove church when it transitioned into Gateway Church. And now, he’s transitioning into a new role at Gateway: overseeing the ministries of intercession, prayer and their connection to worship.
Ps. Niles uses this episode to talk about his experiences of transition. He offers deep insight on how anyone can transition well when new seasons enter their lives.
Questions in This Episode
- What is your current role at Gateway Church?
- How long have you been in this role?
- What is the difference between Prayer and Prophetic?
- What have you observed as being the biggest changes in leadership, from Shady Grove Church, to that of Gateway Church?
- Also, who the leaders are as people now, how has that developed, over time?
- What are some of the “non-negotiables” of Pastor Robert Morris’ visions of early Gateway vs. today?
- Because you have been with the church since the beginning, how have you been able to avoid that line of “Growth Track” thinking in your own life?
- How did you handle the transition from Shady Grove Church to Gateway Church and what was it like for you?
- So far, what have you found to be the biggest challenge in transforming from a campus based ministry to a central based ministry?
- What are you learning in this season of slow moving and waiting on God?
- Who are you away from Gateway?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- How do you relax away from your duties at Gateway?
- What are you doing to keep your kids from feeling that they have to compete with your job at Gateway?
- What are you reading right now?
- With your busy work, church, and family life, how do you engage with the Lord?
- What is intentionality consist of?
- How do you know the difference between your voice and Gods voice?
- Any final thoughts you would like to leave?
Websites Mentioned In This Episode
“How to Transition Well” Show Info
Have you subscribed to Mentoring Deep? Your subscription will give immediate notification for each episode we release.
For more information on apps that will make listening to Mentoring Deep an enjoyable and portable experience, visit our Show Info page.