In this episode, Dr. Robb interviews Ps. Chad Sykes who serves as one of the pastors in the area overseeing development of MyGateway. Knowing technology tends to draw complaints, Dr. Robb and Ps. Chad discuss how a leader can guide their teams through season of complaints about the team’s primary product.
Questions asked during this episode
- What do you do at Gateway?
- What is MyGateway?
- How do you go about leading people toward something that their reluctant to embrace?
- How do you lead your team through complaints they hear?
- How do you keep someone’s complaint from lodging in your heart?
- Do you think the attitude of purposeful failure is common?
- How do you make it safe for your team to fail?
- If I had an oversight that did not embrace the attitude of failure, how would I convince them it’s OK?
- What do you do when you sense you need to grow personally?
- What are you reading right now?
- What’s your big takeaway from this current book?
- What does the iterative process mean?
- Why do leave 20% of your reading for non-christian reading?
- If someone wanted to begin reading outside of Christianity, where would you direct them first?
- Apart from the Bible what’s one book I need to be reading?
- Are you in favor of higher education as a way to grow spiritually?
- Where should someone begin if they were to audit a college class?
- What should I do if the organization I’m in does not value education?
- How do you know the difference between God’s voice and your voice?
- When your soul is dry, how does the Lord come in and restore you?
A people’s history of Christianity
You can subscribe to Mentoring Deep and receive immediate notification for each episode we release.
For more information on apps that will make listening to Mentoring Deep a more enjoyable and portable experience, visit our Show Info page.