In this episode, Dr. Robb interviews Dr. Kerry Wood, one of Gateway Church’s pastors who teaches at The King’s University and leads Gateway Equip at the Southlake Campus. They explore what it means to be a good teacher, how to grow in your teaching, and how to present yourself as a potential mentor for another person.
Follow Dr. Kerry on Twitter: @KerryVWood
Questions asked during this episode:
- What do you do at Gateway Church?
- What is “Equip” at Gateway Church?
- How do people experience Equip?
- How do you lead an area that some feel is outdated?
- How did you decide teaching in a class is a better expression of your gift?
- How do you know when you see a good teacher?
- How can I become a good teacher?
- How do you effectively say no when someone doesn’t express the qualities of good teaching?
- How can you position yourself to be a mentor for someone?
- What is your mentoring process?
- How have you been able to handle perceived career setbacks in your life?
- What do you do when you find your soul getting dry?
- How do you balance family with ministry?
- How did you find hope for future ministry after divorce?
- How can a person develop an intimate relationship with the Lord?
- How do you know the difference between your voice and God’s voice?
- How have the gifts of the Spirit been a conduit for connecting with the Lord?
- What’s one thought you’d like to leave us with?
You can subscribe to Mentoring Deep and receive immediate notification for each episode we release.
For more information on apps that will make listening to Mentoring Deep a more enjoyable and portable experience, visit our Show Info page.